I often find that creative block pops up its ugly head if I've been focusing on the "business" aspects of Butterfly-Crafts for a period of time rather than playing with paper and sticky tape. Here are some suggestions about how you can bring it back:
- Take a nap!
- Go for a walk in the park,
- Change your scenery for a short time especially if you work at home. Work in the dining room or lounge or garden.
- Go to the gym/run/swim/yoga,
- Visit a museum or art gallery or a book reading. These types of activity can inspire you more than you realise,
- Walk arounf your nearest craft shop. Don't have anything in particular in mind but you may find something new,
- Do you listen to music whilst you create? What about switching over the station for the afternoon - change can be good.
The saying "a change is as good as a rest" is very true, especially for people who earn through creativity. Change is a renewal process - mentally, spiritually and physically as it allows you to return your base point feeling refreshed and raring to go.
What do you do when you get hit with the creative block?
Coming on the next business tips post: What to do when babies come knocking!