Thirty by Thirty Challenge

I will confess, this is not a craft related blog post, but it's my blog so ner ner ne ner ner! Earlier this month I turned 28 years young and I have been doing a lot of thinking about various issues and paths etc. Inspired by a former colleagues blog "Rhi's 30 before 30" (she has 11 months), I have come up with a list of thirty things I would like to try and achieve before I hit the big 3 0.

Starting today, September 1st, I have exactly 23 months to see what I can achieve. Ok, some of these are going to be a challenge, one more than any of the others, and some will be fairly easy but nothing on the list so far is anything I already have planned. I will blog about them on this blog so you can learn a little more about me!

So here goes in no particular order:
  1. Own a sewing machine,
  2. Learn to knit socks,
  3. Visit Buckingham Palace,
  4. Swim in a lake or stand under a waterfall,
  5. Own a home (the BIG challenge),
  6. Be debt free except from a mortgage if Num 5 happens,
  7. Visit Dickens House,
  8. Go to a soap making workshop,
  9. Learn to hang wall paper,
  10. Spend a night on the Norfolk Broads,
  11. Learn to make pastry,
  12. Learn the succession of kings and queens from William the Conqueror in 1066,
  13. Make and wear my own dress,
  14. Read 5 books from my bookshelf - I currently own 40 books that I have not yet read.
  15. Have a make up lesson,
  16. Do something every day to make me smile,
  17. Learn to change a car tyre,
  18. Be able to jog a mile with out stopping - with my leg issues this is a BIG thing,
  19. Go to Rome or Sorrento,
  20. Sleep for 6.5+ hours sleep a night consistently,
  21. Visit Giant's Causeway,
  22. Have a dinner party,
  23. Have Butterfly-Crafts mentioned in a newspaper or magazine,
  24. Sleep under the stars,
  25. Live as much of a handmade/homemade/economical life as possible,
  26. Begin to have the stamina, strength & body shape from pre-leg issues,
  27. Watch: Goodfellas, Casablanca, Dr Zhivago, Gone With the Wind, The Philadephia Story, A Street Car Named Desire, Ferri Beulers Day Off, Schindler's List, The Godfather and Citizen Cane,
  28. Go to a comedy club,
  29. Finish my knitted patchwork blanket,
  30. Visit 15 exhibitions at museums and galleries

So that is my challenge, I hope you will enjoy reading about it on my blog, in between the craft blogs!

Wednesday 1 September 2010 | 3 Comments

3 comments:

Kawartha Beads said...

What a great post! It will be interesting to look back and see how many you can get crossed off. I'm sure with your hard work and determination you will be successful!

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good Victoria. I think I will make one myself. I have a lot of things I would like to do/accomplish myself.Great list :-)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

We're the same age! Good luck with all of it :D

Post a Comment