A bad day turned good!

So, i Ihave been an Artfire member for about 2 weeks now and i've enjoyed every minute of it! I love making things as you may well have guessed by now and I have constantly been thinking of ways that I can promote my shop on Artfire and continue to make handmade cards suitable for people to purchase.

As I said in my last post, I came up with 5 things to work on for promotion. Well, I have been joining in the forums on Artfire and I went to a card workshop on Saturday which I will discuss in another post. I also emailed my contacts telling them about my shop. I got support from some but then, one was rather unexpected. I got an email hoping I was well but that my cards would probably never sell because they look too handmade, are too expensive and people prefer to just go into a store and pick one up. I was so upset, I posted a thread on the Artfire forum and everyone was just so kind to me saying my cards are great. Anyway, the best thing happened, two separate people bought three of my cards!!!!! I was so happy I could've cried! I have got them all packaged up and ready to send once the holiday weekend is over and as a huge thank you to them, I will blog about them this week and thier stores to show my appreciation.

So tomorrow I need to get restocking my store with cards. Someone suggested making some mothers day cards so that is my plan. But just for info, the images with this post are what I have just sold. - Yay me!



Sunday 12 April 2009 | 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment