I really love featuring other Artfire artists and today is the turn of Silver River Jewelry. I set Silver River Jewelry owner, Sonja, a bunch of questions to find out more from the artist.
1) If you had to work by a creative mission what would it be? My creative mission is to make as much of each piece by hand as I possibly can. You can see this the most in my metal work as I dig many of the stones myself and finish them as well as design and make the settings. I am hoping to learn to make lamp work beads in the future which will help make my pieces more "mine" as well.
2) Have you had any creative disasters? Almost every day! I am quite good at melting metal!
3) What is your favourite item in your collection? Right now I really like my rustic wildflower pendant series
4) Sum up your collection for me: Elegance with a touch of whimsy
5) Is there another craft you would like to try? Umm everything else in the jewelry field I haven't learned yet! I came late to the jewelry but have spent many years doing other crafts.
6) What is your favourite craft store? Rio Grande
7) From where do you draw your inspiration? From the stones, from nature, from color and shapes
8) What made you do this for a business? My compulsiveness to create and my addiction to stones and beads of course.
9) How do you like online selling? Actually I love it! BIG learning curve but well worth it. And I have met so many wonderful people I would never have met otherwise.
10) What tip can you pass to a new online seller? Take really good pictures, be willing to work harder than you ever have and be patient.
11) Describe yourself in 5 words Christian, Mother, wife, metal smith, jewelry designer
12) What has been your favourite vacation/holiday? Germany
13) What's a good book you have read? If you want to walk on water you have to get out of the boat.
14) Which season do you relate with and why? Spring, Summer and Fall. Spring is for new beginnings. Summer is the best, I love the warmth and the sun, and Fall just has such beautiful colors that can't fail to inspire.
15) What is a favourite film of yours? Lord of the Rings
Well thank you Sonja, and here is a spotlight of my favourite items available at Silver River Jewelry:
I am a paper crafter and supporter of all things handmade! I love to create cards for people but not only papercrafts I also like to sew, knit and make soap.
Follow By Email
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (59)
- ► 2010 (52)
- Business Set Up Part 6 - Capturing Ideas (Pt1)
- Artisan Feature: Creative Critters
- Butterfly Crafts Newsletter Giveaway
- Business Set Up Part 5 - Brand Identity
- Business Set Up Part 4 - Creating a Mission Statem...
- Business Set Up Part 3 - Finances
- Business Set Up Part 2 - Basic Necessities
- Artisan Feature - Silver River Jewelry
- Business Set Up: Part 1
- Welcome to Butterfly Crafts
- This butterfly is changing her wings
- ▼ July (11)