Sunday Recipe: Yorkshire Puddings

To me, no Sunday roast (or infact a roast dinner on any day) is complete without a yorkshire pudding.

You will need:
  • 100g/4oz plain flour/all purpose flour,
  • 2 eggs,
  • pinch of salt
  • 300ml / 1/2 pint milk and water mix,
  • oil for greasing
and you need to:
  1. Preheat the oven to 200C / Gas 7
  2. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl,
  3. Add HALF of the milk/water mix to the flour,
  4. Gradually work in the flour and then beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth,
  5. Stir in the remaining milk/water mix and leave to stand for about 30mins,
  6. In a tartlet tin, pour about 1tsp of oil into the 12 sections, heat the oil in the oven until it is sizzling,
  7. Pour in the batter into each section,
  8. Bake on a shelf near the top of the oven for 15-20mins
Now I need to go and make some to go with my roast dinner!

Sunday 28 November 2010 | 5 Comments

5 comments:

Diane Cransac said...

Ok I know I am going to sound stupid...but a pudding is like a dinner roll? a bread? a biscuit? I am American and without a clue here...

Butterfly-Crafts: Handmade Cards & Gifts said...

I dont really know how to explain it Dians but its none of those! Here is a picture

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af323/butterflycrafts/Personal/yorkshire-pudding-7.jpg

Diane Cransac said...

you know it almost looks like something my mum called a popover

Butterfly-Crafts: Handmade Cards & Gifts said...

Yes! I did this recipe because in a week or so Im going to do a pop over recipe with vegetables and meat

Diane Cransac said...

Mmm I cant wait, sounds good :)

Post a Comment