Thirty by Thirty Challenge - An Update

February 1st is fast approaching and on that date I will have just 18months until I hit the big 3-0. I thought it was about time I did an update for my 30 things to do before I hit 30 challenge. The original blog post explains a little more about the challenge but here is the list with updates:

1. Own a sewing machine, - not yet although I do keep looking at some

2. Learn to knit socks - I have a sock book and a sock pattern and double pointed needles, but no socks yet

3. Visit Buckingham Palace - hoping this will happen in the Summer open season this year

4. Swim in a lake or stand under a waterfall - not yet

5. Own a home (the BIG challenge) - working towards increasing my deposit on a daily basis,

6. Be debt free except from a mortgage if Num 5 happens - was doing really well on this until my PC died and I needed to purchase a new one

7. Visit Dickens House - likely to be a summer thing as I often visit places like this with my mum

8. Go to a soap making workshop - DONE!!!! I did this Sunday just gone and it was SO good, it warrants a blog post of its own soon.

9. Learn to hang wall paper - Ive been shown by my Dad and know how to measure it and mix up the paste etc so progress

10. Spend a night on the Norfolk Broads - the intention was to have a week away on the broads but as i've never really been on boats I wasnt so sure, instead im planning a week in the Broads in Spring with a dayboat hire,

11. Learn to make pastry - not yet,

12. Learn the succession of kings and queens from William the Conqueror in 1066 - I have a book and a rhyme

13. Make and wear my own dress - SEMI progress, I used a sewing machine for the first time to make some secret santa gifts and have bought some Liberty-print fabric to make 2 skirts, I also have 3 dress patterns ready

14. Read 5 books from my bookshelf - I currently own 40 books that I have not yet read - 1 book done Knit the Season, but I need to write a post about it

15. Have a make up lesson - not yet,

16. Do something every day to make me smile - I've been consciously doing this and for about 3 months I kept a journal noting things down but I always get bored of journal writing

17. Learn to change a car tyre - not yet although my car has had new wheels

18. Be able to jog a mile with out stopping - with my leg issues this is a BIG thing - so far FAIL (see below)

19. Go to Rome or Sorrento - in the research phases

20. Sleep for 6.5+ hours sleep a night consistently - I wouldnt say consistently but Im getting much better at this

21. Visit Giant's Causeway - hopefully next year,

22. Have a dinner party - This is the plan for my 30th birthday

23. Have Butterfly-Crafts mentioned in a newspaper or magazine - have been mentioned on the local radio station which is a start, I have a few things planned for this year though

24. Sleep under the stars - I havent slept under them but I have been out late at night in a Texan field looking at them and I saw the Milky Way and Saturn.

25. Live as much of a handmade/homemade/economical life as possible - I am developing this as much as possible, making a conscious effort to opt for handmade or homemade where possible and I am learning to live more economically also

26. Begin to have the stamina, strength & body shape from pre-leg issues - this was going well as I was enjoying the gym and feeling much fitter, that was until the ticking bomb in my leg went off and I got DVT again

27. Watch: Goodfellas, Casablanca, Dr Zhivago, Gone With the Wind, The Philadephia Story, A Street Car Named Desire, Ferri Beulers Day Off, Schindler's List, The Godfather and Citizen Cane - Gone With the Wind was on over the Christmas break but I sort of fell asleep. Must try harder.

28. Go to a comedy club - ws supposed to do this with a friend until she cancelled on me.

29. Finish my knitted patchwork blanket - well I have all of the wool in one place, but no knitting just yet. I have a feeling this one will be a mad rush in July next year!

30. Visit 15 exhibitions at museums and galleries - I've been to one 'Handmade Tales' and written a blog on it and been to another that needs a blog written so 2 down, 13 to go!

I must make more of an effort really or Im not going to get all of this done!!!

Tuesday 25 January 2011 | 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment