Time seems to by flying by lately! Its already time for another Artfire artisan feature and this time I have great pleaseure in showcasing MichiganMud. So here come the questions....
1) If you had to work by a creative mission what would it be? I intend to work with integrity, stay true to my beliefs in handmade art from quality components and to respect all other artisans and their craft.
2) Have you had any creative disasters? Any attempt at needle craft. My mom is a brilliant knitter/crochet-er/cross stitcher, etc. Me. not so much!
3) What is your favourite item in your collection? My asian lantern pendant shown here
4) Sum up your collection for me: It's really just a collection of simple items that I think are beautiful. I really treasure simplicity and hope my items reflect that.
5) Is there another craft you would like to try? I've tried a few and right now I'm very happy playing with my clay!
6) What is your favourite craft store? hmmm, Michael's probably although I'll shop at any of them!
7) From where do you draw your inspiration? Just about everywhere. Nature, especially water, is very good for my muse, but just about anything might strike a chord!
8) What made you do this for a business? My "real" job as a scientist went away a couple years ago. I wanted to stay home with my son and work on my Master's degree, but still be able to contribute to the household budget. I'm still a fledgling business, but every day I learn something new to help get me to my goal!
9) How do you like online selling? I love it! I love being able to "go to work" any time of the day or night and getting to "meet" people from all over the world.
10) What tip can you pass to a new online seller? Don't get discouraged. If you do quality work and promote yourself, you will get sales.
11) Describe yourself in 5 words: smart, sarcastic, caring, impatient and true (to family, friends and myself)
12) What has been your favourite vacation/holiday? So far, it's the Alaskan cruise from last summer. I have lots of places I want to visit though!
13) What's a good book you have read? "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver is outstanding!
14) Which season do you relate with and why? I love all of them! That's why I love Michigan! Four beautiful seasons, each with their own merits.
15) What is a favourite film of yours? ahem, I am a geek at heart...Star Wars original trilogy...
Well thank you for letting us get to know you a little more! Here is my showcase of your wonderful items on Artfire
If you would like to be featured another time, please leave me a comment or contact me through my Butterfly-Crafts
I am a paper crafter and supporter of all things handmade! I love to create cards for people but not only papercrafts I also like to sew, knit and make soap.
Follow By Email
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (59)
- ► 2010 (52)
- Artisan Feature - Exquisite Studios
- Book Review - Friday Night Knitting Club
- Business Set Up Tips Part 18 - Being your own publ...
- Business Set Up Tips Part 17 - Blogging
- Artisan Feature on Shiny Adornments
- Business Set Up Tips Part 16 - Having an online pr...
- Business Set Up Tips Part 15 - Photography
- Artisan Feature: Michigan Mud
- Business Tips Set Up Part 14 - Marketing & Publici...
- ▼ September (9)