Book Review - Friday Night Knitting Club

I'm not a fast reader, I'll be the first to admit it takes me a while to 'get in to' a book let alone finish one. However, when I read the Friday Night Knitting Club, I could hardly put it down. No, it's not a classic or book of the year, but it is one of the first books I came completely engrossed in and could hardly put it down. I will admit, I have actually read it twice.

The book is set in NYC, in a knitting shop called Walker and Daughter run by Georgia and her daughter Dakota. The knitting club meet every Friday (shocking revelation I know) to knit, chat and share in each others lives. There is KC the aspiring lawyer, Lucie the music video producer, Darwin the PhD student, Peri the aspiring handbag designer, Anita the always there older woman and Cat, the long lost friend. The book follows their ups and downs, lifes, loves and laughs.

There is a bit of a twist towards the end, I would say a shocking twist because it actually made me shed a few tears! That is the first time I have ever reacted like that to a book, especially a fiction story which just went to show me how involved I felt.

I could not recommend this book highly enough. It is just an easy going read but I loved it, it was a good story and allowed me to dream of having my own craft store!

What books have you read that have had a reaction like that? Please share and comment below.

Tuesday 29 September 2009 | 1 Comment

1 comment:

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

I actually have this book! I bought it last year, but I got bored with it after the 4th chapter and put it down. Maybe I'll pick it back up now that I've read your review:)

Post a Comment